Mountain Valley Therapy provides screening services through WorkSTEPS, the nation’s leading provider of functional employment testing.
WorkSTEPS’ content-valid functional employment testing includes pre-employment post-offer testing, post-employment fit-for-duty testing, upper quadrant/carpal tunnel testing, return-to-work fit-for-duty, and functional capacity evaluations (FCE) post-injury. We take great pride in offering a suite of outcome validated, individualized functional employment tests for every stage of employment and injury management: New Hire, Existing Employee, and Injured Worker. Our tests are medically-safe, legally compliant, scientific and objective, and specifically-designed to match a worker’s functional capabilities with the essential functions of the job.
The WorkSTEPS program has become a critical part of an organized and systematic business model that is automated, validated, measurable, and offers a predictable return on investment. Companies that begin using WorkSTEPS experience significant and immediate results – typically a 40-to-50 percent reduction in Workers’ Compensation claims and related costs over the previous year, with continued reductions thereafter.
Employers that begin utilizing the WorkSTEPS program experience the following benefits:
- Reduced Workers’ Compensation claims
- Decreased turnover
- Increased worker productivity
- Safer work environment
- Reduced lost time
- Diminished incidence of fraud and abuse
- Reduced modifier rates and Workers’ Compensation premium
- Reduced Group Health costs
WorkSTEPS’ program also helps mitigate costs and days-lost due to injury throughout the post-injury process, offering the following benefits:
- Historical pre-injury data from post-offer tests can be used as a “baseline” for claims
- WorkSTEPS testing data can assist in resolution of claims
- WorkSTEPS testing helps mitigate the number and cost of claims
- WorkSTEPS testing helps evaluate physical performance and capabilities post-injury
- WorkSTEPS data helps facilitate accommodation to reduce employee time-lost due to injury
We also provide drug screening for contracted employers.